Friday 1 July 2011

Corpus Christi

Just a couple of photos from the Mass held on the Thursday. It was reasonably well-attended, despite the Thursday no longer being held as a Holyday of Obligation.

 


I didn't manage to get any photos of the actual procession because I was helping with the singing, and I haven't mastered the art of manipulating Liber and camera at the same time. Nevertheless, I found it profoundly moving. The weather was a little uncertain, so we only processed around the church. Maybe next year we can have an outdoor procession.

On a related note, I thought numbers were rather low for the Feast of St. Peter & St. Paul last Wednesday. It did occur to me that a lot of people may have thought that the Holyday had been transferred to the Sunday, like Ascension, Epiphany and Corpus Christi. The sooner the Holydays are put back to their proper places, the better...

1 comment:

la mamma said...

My parents are staying at the moment, Mac, to help with the kids when I'm ill after chemo. Although I couldn't get out to Mass myself, I gently reminded them about SS P&P and my Mum said, 'what? The English are holding a Holyday on the actual day?!'. (Even in Scotland, where Epiphany and Corpus Christi have long since been held on Sundays, they still hold Ascension on Thursday.)

Maybe the knowledge that they are being teased by the Scots might make the E&W Bishops change their minds?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...