Friday 7 October 2011

The Most Beautiful Thing This Side Of Heaven...

The High Mass this evening for the patronal Feast Day at Blackfen was wonderful.

The Mass was very well attended (despite England playing football somewhere) and the mantilla-quotient is definitely on the up. I am no longer the only woman at Mass wearing a mantilla.

I shall be putting together a little slide show to make use of all the lovely photos I took. Cantores Missae sang the Mass, and they were superb. Schubert's Salve Regina quite choked me up!

2011 10 07_0022

For the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, Fr. Z has a little poll going - about whether you pray the Fatima prayer at the end of the decades of the Rosary (as instructed by Our Lady at Fatima.)

2 comments:

Stuart James said...

The High Mass that we attended at the bloggers meet was my first and took me to a whole new level.

Anne said...

What gorgeous pictures! And yes, always pray the Fatima prayer and every group that I have heard pray the rosary pray it as well-it wouldn't be the rosary without it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...