Saturday 7 April 2012

Palm Sunday At Blackfen...

2012 04 01_0018We were extremely fortunate to be able to have a Solemn High Mass for Palm Sunday. The Palm Sunday liturgy isn't for the faint-hearted, though - with the blessing of palms, the outdoor procession and the chanting of the St. Matthew Passion it is just over two and a half hours long. It's such an amazing visual and aural feast that it doesn't feel like it's that long, but it does require some advance planning for lunch...

2012 04 01_phone_0018

The photos are just a little late in getting uploaded - actually, I did upload them a few days ago, but needed the Senior MC to check my descriptions. Using two cameras, one on BST and one on GMT, meant that the photo order got a little muddled. However, you can see a few more over on my Flickr page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

" it doesn't feel like it's that long,"
I am sure you realise how blessed you and your priest are!
Some of us can only gaze in admiration - in my case after three strokes and only 18% lung function, we suffer the indignity of being looked down upon by those who want longer and more solemn sung services. Not every priest is unwilling to provide them...just sometimes physically unable.

Happy Easter.

Mulier Fortis said...

I certainly do know how blessed I am to get to attend the Extraordinary Form with such regularity...

I wouldn't ever dream of looking down on someone who couldn't cope with the lengthier sung celebrations, and I also love the silence of Low Mass! I hope you have a blessed Easter, Father!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...