Sunday 21 October 2012

Requiescat In Pace...

When I saw Bernini's Elephant Obelisk in Rome last May, it reminded me of my dear friend Quentin, who blogged as Dominic Mary. He loved hippopotamuses (should that be hippopotami?) but elephants came a close second, and he posted a series of elephant photos when they appeared as part of a temporary outdoor exhibition around London.

Today's Latin Mass at Blackfen was offered for the repose of his soul - it's his anniversary - so it seemed like a good time to post my photo of Bernini's Obelisk as a tribute...

IMG_20120605_105936

You can see some more photos I took during my visit to Rome over on Flickr. I've still got two days' worth of photos to label, but you can have a look at what I've done so far...

2 comments:

Zephyrinus said...

Dear Dominic Mary.

Rest In Peace.

gemoftheocean said...

May thanks for the post -- and I was very gratified that my Qbunny got the Mass he'd wanted for his funeral Mass finally done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...