Sunday 16 December 2012

Sermon Snippet...

We are extremely lucky at Blackfen - with a Seminary Professor of Sacramental Theology for a Parish Priest, the Sunday sermon is never made up of trite platitudes. Of course, sometimes a point or two from the sermon hits home more than at other times...

Today there was plenty to think about, but one bit really did stop me in my tracks.

Our Lord chose to be born into a human family. Things were arranged so that Joseph was there as Jesus' foster-father, so that Jesus grew up within a family.

Think about it.

1 comment:

Mater mari said...

Extremely lucky? Understatement of the century! If I could I'd be tempted to move but knowing my luck Father would be appointed Bishop of Brentwood/Plymouth/East Anglia days after the contracts were signed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...