Saturday 30 March 2013

A Spectacularly Blonde Moment...

Thursday had been exceptionally busy. That is the only excuse I have been able to come up with...

I knew that I (and some of the servers) would probably be in need of some refreshment after the Maundy Thursday Mass - just a brief visit to the club before spending the last hour watching at the Altar of Repose. So I went to the cashpoint to get some money out.

As I was removing my card, I suddenly remembered that I needed to buy some food items, as Good Friday was a Bank Holiday. I grabbed the card and shot into the shop next to the machine. I paid for my purchases by card and rushed off to Mass.

It was a long evening. At 10:20pm I offered to go and order a round of drinks while the servers finished rearranging the pews. This was considered very good planning on my part, and off I went, very pleased with myself...

...until I discovered that, in one of those blonde moments, I had failed to take the money out of the machine after removing my card...

Further enquiry revealed that the money hadn't been returned to the machine, so obviously someone found themselves £30 richer...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops. Maybe you needs to dye your hair.

Deo volente said...

I went to an ATM machine (the US version of a "cashpoint") and tried to withdraw some cash sometime back. After four unsuccessful tries, I decided to tell the manager of the store about the problem, and he advised me that this machine was not in his "jurisdiction." So, I left. Hours later, I realized that I had used a withdrawal card that I normally don't use, and had been giving the wrong PIN number!

My hair is not blonde, by the way!

Happy Easter, Mac!

Anonymous said...

That is not really a spectacularly blonde moment. It is just a fairly moderately blonde moment. :-)

benedict said...

Mac, wait until you have a senior moment - now they are really scary. Thankfully as they normally involve memory lapses I usually forget all about them.

dadwithnoisykids said...

I haven't stopped by in a while. It is good to see you are still blogging. Happy Easter!

Cettis Warbler said...

Happy Easter Mac!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...