Wednesday 19 February 2014

Things Are Getting Better...

Although my mobile wifi still doesn't work (and apparently Fr. Dylan has the same problem with his iPhone) I have managed to get my laptop to connect to the system. This is a major improvement, because the computer in Reception acted as if it was steam-powered, and my laptop is rather a nice one. This was, after all, the reason I got myself a laptop rather than a desktop.So I'm very pleased to have found a use for it.

The downside is that the WiFi only works in the vicinity of the pink sofas in reception. I managed to find a chair and am set up on a rather gorgeous table, but I can't quite reach the power socket without risking someone tripping over it... and that wouldn't be good.

In addition, I can't actually connect to anything during the talks, so live-tweeting is not an option.

Nevertheless my twitchiness due to the inability to check emails, blog feeds, Twitter feeds and Facebook status updates has been assuaged. Especially since His Hermeneuticalness has been able to get some sort of phone signal and has been busy behind me tapping away on his computer.

I find something deeply anxiety-provoking about being unable to connect to the internet when other people *are* able to do so. If everyone is held incommunicado it seems to be easier to cope with...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...